Friday, December 10, 2010

Volume Control

I listen to you talking all day long,
I listen without making a sound.
I listen to you kill that wonderful song,
I listen to that voice you think you’ve found.
Sound frustrates me and bothers me and it
Irritates my sensitive ears.
I can’t find the mute button, I wish I could
I wish I could shut it all out! I really do!
Oh the tears; They flow so readily down my cheeks.
I can’t take this anymore, I really can’t!
There’s too much noise, there’s too much talk.
The voices in my head, they just won’t stop!
All I want to do is hide in a soundproof cardboard box.
Far, far away from the talking animals,
And the squawking animals, too
Actually, away from anything that makes the slightest sound.
Someplace where the only sound I can hear is my heart’s
That sound, now that sound is true.
But soon I’ll grow tired of that too,
I’ll wish that sound be gone,
I’ll hope my heart skips all its beats,
Extreme volume control. So long!

No comments: